Friday, August 28, 2015

After surgery tortellini

You know that you can find all kinds of fresh pasta in the grocery stores now, right?
What better way to make a quick and easy, healthy meal?

I had surgery the other day and now that I have graduated from soup, I wanted something
more, and a little comforting….like pasta. But I have to watch my diet somewhat, so
what was I to do. I was surprised when I found some great spinach and goat cheese stuffed tortellini in my local store. Wow!! How great is that? Easy dinner half planned.

I roasted up colorful cherry tomatoes with some minced garlic, basil, oregano and pepper.
I chunked up some rotisserie chicken (another great invention, super time saving and cheaper than I can make it). Tossed it all together with my freshly boiled tortellini.
Fresh pastas take all of 3-5 minutes to prepare. Sprinkle a little parm on top and your good to go. Add a side salad, even better! Don’t forget to get creative with your salads.
Add beans or fruit to keep it interesting. A quick vinaigrette can’t be beat: 1 part vinegar of your choice, 2 parts good oil, a squeeze of dijon, s&p…mmmm, mmmm.



                           

x

1 comment:

  1. I love something I can make quickly, is healthy, and tastes delicious, this sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete