Monday, August 16, 2010

Warm Pineapple Salsa

I made this to top some steaks, but it would be great on
burgers or chicken; maybe even duck breast.

I grilled off some pineapple spears and then chopped them up.
Then I sauted some sweet onion and jalapenos in some pan drippings.
If you don't have pan drippings, make some with a couple slices of bacon!
No, you can use butter or olive oil or a combo, but if you grilled
burgers, steaks or duck breasts, use those drippings, they are yummy!
I then added the juice of the pineapple to deglaze the pan, added my
chopped pineapple and warmed everything through. I like some snap
still in my veggies so it didn't take long, but if you want everything
softer, cook it longer.

Then top whatever you want! ...Well, maybe not chocolate cake, but
you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment