Friday, August 24, 2012


Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes

 
Buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up. Unless, of course, you want to
roast your own chicken to flavor it how you want. Then add what you want; I added
chopped celery, red onion, white raisins, some thyme and parsley, S&P and a touch of
cayenne pepper.
 
I made a dressing of mayo, orange zest and juice, S&P and a splash of
white wine vinegar.
 
I let that chill while I prepared the tomatoes.
I cut the top of and cored the tomatoes, then I took a scoop and took out
all the seeds and a small amount of flesh; leaving plenty to eat with our salad.
Turn the tomaotes over on paper towels for a bit to drain out before stuffing.
 
Serve with a lemon rice salad and have cinnamon peaches for dessert!
Yummy!!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds DELICIOUS and cooling. Can't wait to try it (have to take out the raisins per the hubby).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Always feel free to change my recipes to match your likes or needs. I post only for enjoyment sake, and to give you all ideas....becuase afterall, isn't it tiresome to think of something to cook day after day!

    ReplyDelete