Tuesday, February 23, 2010

introduction

I am creating this blog to help others come up with ideas for dinner everyday.

I don't intend to publish recipes, just ingredients and some suggestions for putting them together into something tastey. I am hoping to help you overcome the question about what's for dinner tonight.


I will be posting my suggestions the day after I made dinner, so they will all be tested on my better half. I know he will not let me publish anything less than yummy.


Again, these are just suggestions, you can substitute things you like or have on hand. I am assuming you know basically how to cook so I won't be giving times for things, or including measurements because first, I don't cook that way and second, you may be feeding more or less people than I. I intend to make things easy for anyone to make, but there will be some dishes that require more time than others.


And without much further ado-


Sausage and Penne with Spinach (4 yummies up)

Hot Italian Sausage (or sweet)

Peppers (I used a yellow pepper and 2 jalapenos)

Canned Tomatoes (I used fire roasted and italian style)

Cream cheese

Spinach


Brown the sausage with the peppers, while the water is coming up to a boil for your pasta.

Put your pasta in the water. Add the tomatoes to your sausage. Add herbs and spices (I used oregano, parsley, garlic and basil). Stir in the cream cheese when the tomato sauce is bubbling away happily. Wilt in the spinach at the last minute ans serve over your pasta.


Voila! Enjoy your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment