Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday, Feb 28

I missed a day of blogging, so here I am trying to catch everybody up.
One meal we had was just ham, potatoes and green beans. I know eveyone knows how
to make that. Then last night I had the girls over for book club; we are cooking dishes that are inspired from the books we read....we had great fun, food and friends. I really enjoyed it, and I hope all the ladies did as well.
Here is what was on the menu:

Pizza with a garlic, olive oil base. The toppings were spinach, mushrooms and
capocola ham.

Angel hair pasta with an orange sauce, made from OJ, cognac, orange zest,
and orange marmelade with some grated chocolate sprinkled on top.

Anipasto salad with pasta, salami, tomatoes and olives.

Stuffed shells with a good red sauce. I don't know what Rosemary used, but it had
lots of cheese...

Gelato, both chocolate and vanilla.

Italian sodas.

And of course great wine! A really good red from a local vineyard, Black Ankle.

Our book was titled Pasta Imperfect, hence the italian food.

There are probably leftovers on the menu for tonight, but I'll let you know
if I do anything great with them-

Bye for now, and enjoy your food!

1 comment:

  1. The dinner was delicious! The red sauce was onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes, s&p - oh, and olive oil! The cheeses were ricotta, parmesan-reggiano, fresh mozzarella, and asiago.

    ReplyDelete