Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

Hello all-
Again, it's been a while since I posted. I wish I had time to cook everyday,
and post every evening, but life keeps getting in the way! HaHaHa...
So, last night neither of us knew what we wanted, so I just took a peek around
the store to see what looked good. Well, I happened to be in Trouts Market, and
they are not a large store by any means, so I basically took what I could get
and that looked good. We ended up with chicken and broccoli alfredo.

I got bow tie pasta just for a difference.
I got chicken tenders and chopped them up into bite size pieces.
I got a head (bunch) of broccoli and lightly steamed it(once it was broken
into bite size pieces). I sauted the chicken in olive oil with salt,
pepper and garlic. Added some chopped onion and a package of sliced
white button mushrooms. Poured in a little white wine(I used a Sauv Blanc)
and let it cook down. I then sprinkeld it with white flour and stired
until thick then added cream, and yes I used heavy cream. Then I melted
in various cheeses; mozzarella, provelone, parmesan and even a little asiago.
You may feel free to use whatever cheese you have on hand, and exchange the
cream for whole milk or half and half. Stirred in the steamed broccoli
pieces. Then sprinkeld everything with fresh chopped parsley and served.
It was delish! Protien, veg and carb all in one pot....who could ask
for anything more?

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Serve it with a nice citrus salad, your
Sauv Blanc and an angel food or sponge cake topped with berries and you can
entertain the in-laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment