Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pollo enchiladas verdes with Roasted Veggie and Rice

I found some canned roasted tomatillos and fire roasted green chilles
in the store today, so had to call my sis for dinner tonight. I also
happened to know she was alone, so she was happy to come. Of course,
we had mexican....haven't ya'll noticed that's one of my faves?

So I took the tomatillas and chilles, processed them with some cubanelle
peppers, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, corriander and heated through.
I added some shredded rotisserie chicken.

Then I just warmed flour tortillas (you can use corn; I'm just allergic)
and filled with the chicken and cheese. I rolled them up in a roasting pan,
covered with cheese and canned salsa verde and popped them in the oven.

Before all that, I started my rice. It is a brown and wild rice mix and
takes a good 40 min to cook. So I put it on with chicken stock and
a can of rotell tomatoes with some salt sprinkled in with the zest
of one lime.

Then I also roasted some baby asparagus, halved grape tomatoes, pumpkin
seeds, pepper and lemon zest. Tossed with a little olive oil.

I topped my rice with my garden grown cilantro....and Mmm Mmm Mmm!
We were all in glutton heaven. Although this was very figure friendly.
You can cut even more cals and fat by using reduced cheese- I splurged
though, because there wasn't that much cheese to begin with.
Everything else was fresh and low-cal/fat.

Hope you enjoy this trip south of the border!

No comments:

Post a Comment