Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cheesey Ham and Potatoes with Beans

My hubby has been asking me for years to make something
he remembers fondly from childhood. For lack of a better name
I am calling it Cheesey Ham and Potatoes with Beans, and as
the name implies, it is cheese, ham, potatoes and green beans.

Use your casserole dish and have at least an hour or more cooking
time. You start out slicing the potatoes (I actually cubed them
tonight). Layer them in a buttered casserole dish with sliced
yellow onion,cubed ham and blanched green beans. Make sure you
use plenty of pepper to season, but leave out the salt.

Then make your cheese sauce with roux and milk, a little
worchestershire and lots of shredded cheese.

Put it in a 400 or 425 oven and let it go to town.

Mark said it wasn't the same as his mom's because she used a whole
block of velveta....but I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment