Saturday, January 14, 2012

Grilled COP Salad with Stilton Steak and Cherry Dressing


I am in a book club. Not just any book club, a club where we
also try to cook a meal centered around the book we just read.

My sister and I are making up some club cookbooks for our group.
We thought that after 2 years of cooking we should immortalize
ourselves and our friends in this way. So Mary came over last night
to work on that project and I made this salad for us.

First I made the dressing. I put a large spoonful of black cherry
jam in a jar and added some cider vinegar, oregano, pepper, dijon
mustard and honey, then shook it up real well, till the jam dissolved.
Then I added some good EVOO and shook it up again. I set that aside so
the flavors could meld.

I then grilled some red onions, pineapple and halved black cherries
till they were nice and flavorful. I also grilled some pepper
seasoned beef fillets to medium, then let some stilton cheese melt
down on the top.

I filled two plates with washed salad greens, chopped yellow peppers
and halved cherry tomatoes. I scattered the grilled cherries, onion
and pineapple over top, sliced the steak and fanned that on top, then
dressed it up.

It was delicious!! Worthy of our new cookbook, but does not fit the criteria.
So I am passing it on to you all to eat and enjoy! Serve it with a nice
Cab Sauv.

No comments:

Post a Comment