Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thai Stirfry with Basil-Cilantro Rice

I was in the mood for hot, spicy asian flavors last night, so
here is what I came up with. It must have been delicious, because Mark
has eaten it all before I got up this morning!

I marrinated some thin sliced steak in olive oil, lime juice
and zest, minced garlic, chinese 5 spice, soy sauce, basil, cilantro and
chili paste.

I sauted some minced carrot, red pepper and green onion in some olive oil.
Then I added some jasmine rice and toasted it up with a bit
of chinese 5 spice before adding vegetable broth.
I let that cook while I stir-fried my meat.

I stir-fried, on high heat in some olive oil, red pepper, serrano chilies,
green onion and carrot (all cut in match stick size) for a couple of
minutes, then added my marinated beef with all the sauce. Fried
that up quickly until the meat was just done.

I stirred into the rice some cilantro and basil just before serving,
then topped with my stir-fry. Mmm Mmm Mmm....
very yummy and very spicy. It brought on a hot flash!
I enjoyed mine with a traditional mead.

No comments:

Post a Comment