Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Coffee Crusted Beef Filet on Greens with a Creamy Chili Lime Dressing

Uggh! I was trying to copy and paste here, but it isnt working.

So I used this for book club last weekend...and it got 5 votes
of "you shoulda been a caterer". High praise, if you ask me.
There were only 6 at book club, counting me.

I mixed a loose paste of molasses, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt,
pepper, garlic, onion, olive oil and a splash of lime juice. Coated
the filets and let them stand in the frige while I did this other stuff.

I made tortilla bowls by lightly frying corn tortillas and draping them
over some small ramekins, but you could use an upside down muffin tin
as well. I then baked them off (at 450) till crisp. Then let those cool
while I continued.

I made my chili lime sauce by processing a tomatillo, serano chiles
until smooth. Then added s&p (salt and pepper) garlic, lots of cilantro
olive oil, zest a lime and it's juice. Processed again then added
sour cream and blended. Chilled it in the frige till ready to serve.

I mixed freshly ground coffee (flavor and caffeine to your liking)
with dark brown sugar (about 50/50) on a plate then coated my filets
on all sides, grilled them off to perfection and let rest.

I then put some mixed greens and black beans in my tortilla shell.
Topped with slices of my steak, and drizzled my dressing over top.

Yum Yum...the girls loved it. It is a perfect starter for any romantic
dinner you're planning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment