Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sausageand Rice Stuffed Chicken

As I was asking Mark what he wanted for dinner, and he was again
rolling his eyes to the ceiling, I came across a recipe from
Emeril for something similar to this. I say similar, because I
changed it so drastically, you would not recognize it if you came
across it yourself. I only changed it for personal tastes and
allergy considerations.

I got some prepacked sweet italian sausage and browned it off with
some celery, onion, garlic and s&p. I then threw in some rice and
coated it with the sausage fat before adding chicken stock and some
Chenin Blanc (yum yum). Let that cook till rice is done.

I then made some orange/apricot glaze by taking the zest of an orange
(in fact I used a tangelo...it smelled the best at the store) and it's
juice, some apricot preserves and of course some hot peppers.
You can omit those, but I was cutting the sweetness and, of course,
love hot peppers. I simmered it all down till it was a sticky goo.

I took some boneless chicken breasts and cut a little pocket, sweeping
my knife side to side to make the pocket big, but the hole small. I then
submerged each breast in my orange/apricot glaze. Then I stuffed them
with the rice. Of course I had extra rice, which I put down in a baking
dish, set the breasts lovingly on top and baked them off in a 400
oven till done. The rice was tender, the chicken sweet but hot...
all the things I love.

Serve them with whatever side you like...Sophie's slaw would be good,
or my fav fried green beans.

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment