Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Fresh Salad

Well, Mark was away for the weekend, so I had just gotten some safeway
brand fresh ravioli stuffed with 4 cheeses and added fresh bell peppers, baby
zucchini and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. I also added some garlic, oregano
and basil.....
I lived off that for 2 nights until we had Easter dinner with my sis, the kids
and my dad. My contribution was salad.

I had a mix of romain hearts and red leaf lettuce. I steamed some asparagus till
al dente, then hit it with cold water to keep it beautifully green, cut it in 1"
pieces, with a yellow bell pepper in 1" pieces, artichoke hearts (you got it, in
1" pieces) some red onion slices, some celery slices, some pumpkin seeds, a
sprinkle of dries mixed berries, some orange slices and a dressing made of orange
juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, allspice, salt, pepper, parsley and a touch
of orange blossom honey....

It was yummy, but the kids picked out most of the stuff- Oh well...they will learn,
eventually.....

Tonight Mark is still sleeping, and I haven't been 100%, so I ordered pizza hut.

I am hoping to bring you a terrific meal idea next time-
TaTa!

No comments:

Post a Comment