Thursday, April 8, 2010

Turkey Panini

Nothing good to report. I had a lot of appts yesterday, so I was driving around
all over Maryland and did not get to eat a proper dinner. I did stop at
Zi Pani and had a good turkey club sandwich. And of course, that reminded
me of some turkey paninis I made quite a while back. I don't have a proper panini
press, so I just used my grill pan and squished them down with the back of the
spatula, like we all learned to do with a grilled cheese, before we knew we should
call it a "melted american panini".

I got a good french bread loaf and cut into slices. I had smoked turkey slices
from the deli. I had herbed havarti cheese and roasted red pepper slices (which
I drained). I made a honey mustard mayonnaise that I spread on both sides of the
bread. I put the cheese on both sides as well (it's the glue that holds it all
together). Then I stacked the turkey and roasted peppers. I think I also put
red onion on some. I sprayed the outside of the bread with olive oil,
then I just grilled them and smooshed them and called them paninis. Very tastey.
Very tastey indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment