Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thaish Chicken Salad

Well, I had a meeting last night right at dinner time, and many people traveled
from afar (including me) to attend, so I thought we could all use a little nosh-

I am calling this Thai-ish because I used Thai flavors, if some unconventional
ingredients.

I finely diced some roasted chicken breasts. I added finely diced red pepper,
petite matchstick radishes and cucumber, finely diced mango, thinly sliced
scallions and some alfalfa sprouts.

Here I could have added the dressing and served it in lettuce or cabbage cups
and it would have been delish! Instead I added some shredded baby spring greens,
dressed it with a thai dressing and stuffed it into mini pita pockets. It was
still delishious, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the light fare I provided.

Thai Dressing
A tiny bit of toasted sesame oil, olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro,
ginger, chinese five spice and a tiny bit of chili paste.

While I was making it and eating it later, I thought it would have been great with
salmon instead of chicken, and you could add cashews to make it even better!

Hope you all enjoy this spring dish as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious and what a thoughtful touch to bring it to share with others for the meeting. I wish you worked in my office, we often have meetings at lunchtime (I KNOW, what the heck is up with THAT?) and we're all trying not to have our tums grumble throughout. A nice nosh would be welcome indeed!

    ReplyDelete