Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday, March 5

Hi people!
After eating all those wonderfully spicy enchilladas yesterday, I was reminded
of the "enchilladas" I grew up knowing. I actually think it is a West Texas/East
New Mexico concoction that I just grew up knowing as an enchillada. It consisted of
yummy corn tortillas, lightly fried in oil, stacked in layers with a rich red chili
sauce and longhorn cheese, and it may or may not have a fried egg on top. Mmmm...
Sometimes you just need that egg!

Well in honor of the egg, today's recipe is Potatoes and Eggs. It is basically
breakfast, for dinner! I just large dice some potatoes, skins on. Large dice
some onion and some bell and hot peppers. Fry those up till almost done.
Then take an egg or two (however many you need for your crew), whisk them briskly
and pour them on top. Let the egg start to cook on the bottom, then fold as
you would scrambled eggs. For toppings, I like diced tomato and crumbled bacon.
Serve it with a side of vinegary slaw type salad.

This is a fast, easy meal for those times when you need eggs.
Hope you find it egg-cellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment