Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday, March 6th

Well, another day, another thing to figure out for dinner.....
Today we are going to have a mixture of Dirty Rice & Jambalaya.

I am going to use a mix of brown and wild rice. I am going to boil it in
some chicken stock and lots of seasonings. I like to let it go for about 45 min
to make sure the rice is tender.

Then I am going to sute some smoked beef sausage, some chunked up chicken breast,
hot and bell peppers, onions, black beans, peas, carrots, and mushrooms. I am
going to season all this with chili powder, garlic, smoked paprika, white and black
pepper, and parsley.

At the last minute I am going to add some cherry tomatoes and let them cook until
they just burst, and serve with a grating of sharp cheddar cheese on top of the rice.

Another all in one meal....grains, veggies, protiens, dairy.....the only thing
missing is some fruit (but we'll have that for dessert).

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment