Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, March 8th

I was looking for inspiration all day, and finally found it at one of my
Dr's offices. I asked the Dr what she was having, and she said she hoped someone
else was doing the cooking, so I asked the nurse at check out and she said she
had plans to go out with a girlfriend. Just when I thought it was a bust, she added
that if she was home she'd probably make a roasted chicken breast with mashed
potatoes and broccoli.

Well, that sounds quite boring, but I went to the store, thinking chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli. I ended up getting turkey breast, cheese, spinach, and
salad makings......(we'll just forget about those mini cinnamon doughnuts I put
in the cart alongside my healthy meal). At home, I set everything out, ready to
make dinner, only to find Mark had used all the potatoes for his breakfast the other
day......hmmmmm....biscuits?

Stuffed Turkey Breast Cutlets with Garlic Herb Cheese Biscuits

I had a whole turkey breast, but fileted the breast halves off and saved the
bone and other stuff for Hershey's kitty meds....
I then butterflied each breast, pounded it thin, slathered it with a garlic
herb boursin cheese, sprinkled it with dried cranberries (it is turkey after all)
and layered it with baby spinach leaves. I then rolled it all up, tied it with
kitchen string, browned it on all sides, then popped it in a low oven for an
hour.

I wilted the rest of the spinach for a side veg. Mark made a tastey salad, and
then I quickly made some biscuits, using bisquick, milk, butter and the rest of
the boursin cheese. Dropped them on a baking sheet and baked them up.

It all was quite tastey. I hope you will try this one out for yourself!
Bon Apetit'

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious and what a nice change from the same old same old - I'm notorious for going roasted chicken breast, potatoes, and a green veg! (mini cinnamon donuts - yum - I mean, what mini cinnamon donuts? lol)

    ReplyDelete